Steering Wheel Vibration 45 mph. Caprice.

Hi,

I'm noticing a fine vibration in the steering wheel at 45 mph for the last few weeks. It doesn't always happen, but does about 90 percent of the time. The front tires are only about 3 months old, and have about 5,000 miles on them.

The car is a Chevy Caprice. The vibration is there under load, and also when coasting, in gear.

It's NOT a pulsing vibration, just a fine high frequency vibration, enough to notice.

Tires wearing in a certain way ? Wheel bearing ? U joint? Trans ? Power steering ?

Thanks

Reply to
Caprice85

if it is a high frequency vibration I would be thinking more along the lines of a collapsed motor mount allowing engine vibrations to be transferred to the frame, and subsequently to the steering box.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel