still insane

I swaped out computer - key coil (around the lock cylinder and a bunch of other stuff. Iam so tired now but still need HELP

Hank

Reply to
Hank

I had a similar problem with my trunk opening by itself at random intervals. My solution was to disconnect the electric unlock wiring harness so now it is Key Only to open it up the boot.

It's one thing to get broken into, and another to leave the door wide open for thieves who want your tools and groceries.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

A back story and some vehicle information might be of help here. Otherwise I could rattle off car parts that you could swap instead of testing (whatever) system you're working on towards a logical conclusion. Which of the above ideas do you think is better?

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

A lady friend in Europe used to drive a 2000 Ford Focus.She said one day when she was pulling into a parking lot (it is usually rainy weather in England, I don't know if the rain caused the trunk to open) the boot (trunk) popped open by itself. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Toyota MDT in MO wrote in news:LVw5m.11797 $ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:

I'd be willing to be big bucks he hasn't tried changing his CAR-FRESHNER.

Even more effective than hood ornament replacement! Really!

Reply to
Tegger

You're assuming it is a car that our tired friend is trying to fix. Perhaps he needs a BOAT_FRESHNER or a TRACTOR-FRESHNER.

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

Evidently, there is some programming error with the software for the computer that controls body functions. Like for example, my car wasn't even running when the trunk auto-opened. I had it turned off in front of a convenience store. Went in to buy a few items. Came out and the trunk lid was UP.

I figure Radio Frequency Interference.

There is a button I can push on my FOB to pop open the trunk remotely. Some police vehicle/ambulance/ham radio operator? Radar gun or somesuch COULD have simulated the 'trunk open' signal to the vehicle.

Whatever it was, it can't do it now that I've detached the wiring harness to the trunk lock. In my case, it had done it TWICE before I decided to disconnect the wiring harness.

Nick

Reply to
Nicholas

Can't do that with my car (09-VW Jetta) coz it has no key unlock feature. So if I disabled the remote wiring I'd have to crawl inside the trunk from inside the car and open the trunk with the emergency lever. :-( brody

Reply to
wrenden

Some cars have a little handle near one of the seats.Pull the handle and that lets the trunk open up.Maybe you can rig a little cable with a handle to open your trunk. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin