Strange radio/electrical problem.... help please

I have a 91 Camry LE and have had unusual problems with my radio. It is one of the larger radio/cassette player combinations. It has a square LED display. I have had continuing problems with the radio "cutting out" as I drive. I have had it repaired at an outfit that specializes in auto radios and it worked for about 5 months after the repair. Last Spring, it started with the same problem again. I returned the radio to the repair shop, but they couldn't figure it out. They indicated that the radio was ok.

Here is the strange part ...... now that I am in the throes of a typical Houston area summer, the radio plays like a charm as long as I am running my ac and the associated fan. It is as if the additional electrical draw causes my radio to work correctly. I would like to know what the possibilities are so that it will work all year round.

Thanks, Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo