Suburban starting/electrical problem

'98 Suburban has intermitant starting problems. 3 times over the last month it will not start. Battery, starter, altinator all seem to be ok. Sounds like it's not getting fuel. My mechanic had it and found the fuel pump relay needed to be replaced. I was releived @ the $60 bill instead of the possible $500+ for fuel pump, but the problem has occured 2X's since. I bought a fuel pump relay because it was ify starting, but changing that has no effect.

Is it possibly an electrical problem?

Over the past several months I have lost the ability to use the electric door locks from inside the car (the remote control lock/unlock still works), the horn stopped working (relay?), the rear, passanger side window will go down w/ the driver's control, but won't go back up, the A/C blower fuse/relay keeps poppin', etc.

Should I take this truck back to my mechanic or find an electrical place to look it over?

Thanks,

jl

Reply to
jlawrie

I am having a similar problem. We took our '98 burb in an had it checked. When they ran a computer check on it, there were no problems indicated. They suggested a ingnition relay replacement. We tried that and it worked for one day. Our burb will start sometimes and we can drive off and then everything dies. It takes a jump start to get it going. Other times it acts dead. Nothing will work. Even the door chime sounds like its dying. The battery and alternator tested out fine. I think we have a short some where or bad wiring. Whatever it is, it seems to take all the power out of the battery at once. Even the keyless door opener will not open door locks when this happens. (The battery for my keyless is still good.) Our burb will also kill the engine while driving. The clocks and everything resets. Do you know a good exorcist? Our window is possessed also.......Thanks, Junior

Reply to
marthojr