Suggestions for Replacement Battery for an Isuzu

Suggestions for Replacement Battery for an Isuzu C223 2.2 L 4-Cylinder Diesel

It is time to put a new battery into my 1982 Isuzu diesel P'up - C223

2.2 liter 4-cylinder engine - also used in the Isuzu Trooper during the 1980's/

In the now forgotten past a parts store clerk convinced me to buy a Delco 27/7 which is much smaller than the battery holder. Recent research taught me that it is a 60 amp hour battery (smaller than the

80 amp hour specified in the small owner's manual that came with the truck.) It also taught me that it is either a 500 or a 655 CCA battery. I think this is underpowered for the engine.

I just spent some time on a website I found via the Johnson Controls. They make Optima, Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Energizer, Kirkland (Costco), Motorcraft (Ford), and some EverStarts. The website was under

There I found an array of batteries, some group 27, some alternates in groups 24, 25, 75DT and 34DT. They had CCA ratings spanning 670 to

900. The group 27's spanned 675 to 781 CCA.

Does anyone know what the OEM battery specs for this engine were?

Does anyone have any suggestions or insights?

Thanks,

baumgrenze

Reply to
baumgrenze

Why not just use the battery finder option at the link you provided ?

Reply to
Mike