Sunfire multifunction switch

We have a 1996 Pontiac Sunfire with neither headlight working. It seems that if you hold the multifunction switch towards you just before it clicks into the high beam position both lights come on, but only if you hold it there. Are we right in assuming this is a broken multifunction switch or could there be some other reason? Assuming it is the switch, is it easy to change or do you have to remove the steering wheel?

Reply to
Jeff

Do the daytime running lights come on? If so, then the switch is likely the cause. To replace it, you have to remove the steering wheel.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

On my 96 Geo Metro this happened twice...short in the multifunction switch connector in the fuse box.

Reply to
Murphy