Tech: 93 chevy pick up engine swap V6 to V8 any info?

Hi all, I have a 93 chevy 1500 pickup that has the V6 in it and I wanted to swap in a V8. The 6 cylinder engine is tired and I need more power for towing. Anybody ever do this swap? I'm just trying to gather info before I start pulling engines and creating more headaches. Any resources out there for this type of swap? I would think it's just a direct bolt up since the 2500 pickup offers the V8. Any info is appreciated. thanks

Reply to
KevSand718

Don't forget the pull the ENTIRE underhood wiring harness, ECU, mounts, etc.

May be more trouble than it's worth.

KevSand718 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Hmm, I wasn't even going to bother with any of that stuff. I was just going to drop in a older 350 that does not need any computer controlled functions. Does that seem to extreme or far fetched?

Reply to
KevSand718

If your in a smog control area, swapping in a motor not plumbed for smog won't pass muster. Needs to conform to vehicle build year emissions.

KevSand718 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Sell V6 truck. Add money you would have spent on Engine and parts. Buy V8 truck.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner