temp guage

can anyone tell me why i get no reading on my temp guage on a 89chevy z24

2.8 has a new temp sending unit and new head gaskets and heads were reworked???
Reply to
ltbll

I can't, but the voltmeter can.

Check the voltage at the sending unit... you should see something there. Check it on the other end of the wire at the instrument cluster.... you should see the same thing there as well.

If you don't see voltage, you have a broken wire or an issue in the gauge.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Did you bleed the air out of the syatem? IIRC the 2.8 and 3.1 had bleeders to release trapped air in the heads.

Reply to
Steve Walker

"ltbll" wrote in news:4a8ae510d278ab24b4c1956dafbcec35 @localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

on the rear head you will see a sending unit back towards the trans. one drk green wire. unhook wire...open circuit = full cold on guage /short wire to ground = full hot. you have now tested the dash guage unit...pass or fail?...................of course you have made sure the sending unit IS for a guage and not a gore light..................kjun

Reply to
Kjun