testing control arm bushings

('04 Cavalier, 110K miles) NYS inspection says that our control arm bushings are bad. They could be, given the mileage and age. But, I don't know how much I can trust these guys. They said there's a "clank" when you hit a bump. I don't hear that. It's an old Cavalier, but I think I've been around long enough to know a clank from normal rattles. So, is there a way to test the bushings myself?

Thanks, G

Reply to
George