TH 250 Trans stuck in first

I bought a Monte SS from a friend that has a TH250 that won't shift out of first. According to my friend, he noticed that it would take longer to shift out of first and gradualy got worse until it won't shift at all. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this ?

Reply to
TOLYN9

I had a turbo 350 in 68 one time that did the same....I changed the fluid and filter and it was fine the rest of the time I owned it...I drove it very hard also..

Reply to
Uncle Dodo

Stuck valve body?

Reply to