The 10 least safe cars of all time

That sounds sensible to me :)

Reply to
Bret

You mean Nader took the automaker's side on airbags?

BTW, they are back together again, if I am to believe they were ever apart, on the GM IPO.

Anyway, Nader's parents sounded like productive people so it must have been his time in college and law school that turned him into a parasite that uses the political means.

Reply to
Brent

You should learn to read for comprehension, and stop making things up trying to make it appear that you have insider knowledge. You don't.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Sure you do liar. What loser keeps manuals from cars back in 1973 LOL. Idiot. Furthermore Ford never supplied me with shop manuals so how could I possibly (if I was a big enough loser to keep them for that long) tell you what page indicates a difference. Wow you're so desperate to be right you don't even see how dumb your arguments are LOL.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You're so full of crap. My god how desperate can you get? You're probably Bret and Brent all in one, plus C.E. White, as you all have that same habit of saying anything to make it seem like you know something others don't. You're one of those people who can't stand that Ford gave some customers a replacement car, while you were stuck with the 1978 recall fix.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:idrtna$n7h$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

sure they owned them but if you understand corps. they were wholy owned subsidery not the same company. so couldn`t be directly subsituted for one another. they were a completly diferent dealership. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:idrucp$orp$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I never said I fixed them in 76, the recall was done on all affected cars when it was anounced. And other than cosmetic changes YES the 76 was identical to the 75. I can not help your lack of understanding the Bobcat and the Pinto being the exact same car sans some minor cosmetic changes. your lack of understanding is not my failing. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:idrtc0$mj2$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I wouldn`t use wiki info for wiping. I was there and saw all the tech info. your just clueless. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ids8kh$fm1$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

you really are a clueless twit!!! I have manuals back into the late

50s. you never throw away a repair resourse you may need some day. KB
Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

I worked on them as well and can also say that the Pinto and Bobcat were the same car. The differences were strictly cosmetic. Oh and FYI the entire drive train and suspension was lifted from the Ford Escort that was sold in Europe at the time.

Heres one article about them.

and another
and another
and another

The header support was different so that Mercury could use a distinctive grill, the rear tailight panels were slightly different as well. The rest was the same. The interior got an "upscale" treatment simply because Ford was considered the low end line while Mercury was a "better" model.

Take a look at any Hollander books or Chiltons from the time period and you will find this out real fast. Heres one from Haynes

They used the EXACT same chassis under them with only cosmetic sheet metal changes.

The same chassis was later used under the Mustang II as well.

ACTUAL COURT PAPERS... ONLINE NOT at the Library...

Steve W.

Kevin,

Trust me it's not worth the bother to argue with this moron. Like you I worked on these vehicles and know what they were. Just like the fact that the Pinto was born out of the old European Escort and bits from the Maverick. With the same chassis later becoming the Mustang II.

Let's see how he calls me a liar for posting multiple articles as well as the actual court transcripts and service manual availability.

I would bet the twit would argue all day about the damn K car platform used under just about every vehicle that Chrysler turned out for many years.

Or how the Chevy Vega/Monza, Pontiac Astre/Sunbird, Oldsmobile Starfire and Buick Skyhawk are all different cars when they were all H bodies and used the same body panels for years.

Reply to
Steve W.

Nope. The tank itself could deform enough to pull the fuel neck loose and cause a fuel spill.

It was in the EXACT SAME LOCATION ON BOTH CARS TWIT. Even the exact same part number!!!

The ONLY difference was the fuel neck and a plastic shield.

Reply to
Steve W.

Oh now you expect bozo to understand that ALL the car makes were competition even under one corporate cover? GEE you expect a lot from someone who can barely understand badge engineering...

Reply to
Steve W.

So a humanitarian is one who criticizes and tears down the work of others, even if he doesn't completely understand it?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I own a 1973 Ford. It's pretty clear you can't think.

Ford supplied you with instant new vehicles but not cheap shop manuals? Come on. Here's a hint: Shop manuals need to be purchased separately. My '73 set is reproduction, the '78 set is a real ford set that I used for my old fords until the reproductions became available. I could sell it on ebay or something but I prefer to have the book since the granada is in it and it makes a excellent source of information for part interchange.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is the pinto and bobcat are identical cars outside of the trim, seat material, and other cosmetic items.

Reply to
Brent

Translation: You've got nothing. Your entire view is based on feelings and politics, not on fact.

Reply to
Brent

All you need to do is articulate what was different. But you can't because nothing was different. You just have BS stories.

I was in elementry school in 1978. thanks for playing.

Reply to
Brent

I sincerely doubt it as that back-assward (your inimitable specialty) daffynition would render you a humanitarian instead of the numbskull misanthropist.you've so clearly proven yourself to be.

Reply to
Portnoy

"Steve W." wrote in news:idse1p$quj$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Auhhh schucks, it was fun pointing out his misconceptions though. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

No, translation, you can't read for comprehension, and you're a liar. First I said some of the difference in a post you replied (read for comprehension). If you were not so lazy you would Google and find that I'm right. Secondly, you're in no position to tell me my bobcat replacement didn't happen. It did, you're an idiot to argue otherwise.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars