The 10 least safe cars of all time

Sure you do Bret aka Brent aka Kevin LOL You claimed you were doing fuel tank recall work in 1976, but the recalls didn't happen until 1978 ROFL. Maybe you need a service manual to remind you how not to get caught in lies.

Also Mr. know it all, a simple Google search will turn up the answer for the differences between the Ford Pinto and the Mercury Bobcat, most of which I mentioned in a previous post. But like I said, learn to read for comprehension. How was it working on the Mercury Bobcat sedan in comparison to the Pinto sedan? You're a desperate fool indeed LOL.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I owned both cars thanks to Ford replacing at no cost to me the 1975 Pinto with the 1976 Bobcat. I know what the differences are, I actually owned the cars. Those are the differences I pointed out in an earlier post, left out (because I didn't know since I didn't own the sedan) that Pinto had a sedan and the Bobcat didn't. I don't give a shit if the engine was identical, the exterior body wasn't EXACTLY the same and that's all I ever referred to in this thread. If people would read for comprehension instead of injecting their own bits and pieces...

Have you ever seen a real court transcript? What you posted is NOT the court transcripts, it is a summary of of claims, and process. Nowhere in that document does it state who (individual) said what under oath. The copies are transcripts are available at the courthouse where the trial took place, as well as filed with the State, as well as at most publicly funded libraries and if not available available will be made available by request. In the actual transcripts of the proceedings (you know the transcripts that the court recorder makes) one individual from Ford admits that there were at least 50 deaths the occurred IN A PINTO THAT CAUGHT FIRE, not afterwards, not through suicide etc..., but actually burned IN THE CAR. Wow people are thick.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

No dealership gives you shop manuals for free you idiot. Stop wasting my time. You don't even know the proper terminology for manuals included with a car purchase. Stop pretending to know what you're talking about, you clearly don't have a clue about much, but are prepared to lie about everything to make it seem like you do. You won't pull the wool over my eyes because I know the truth, you don't, and you're too thick to listen to the truth anyway.

Keep getting facts off of Wikipedia, you'll remain as dumb as you are forever.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You liar, you got the info from Wikipedia, it is almost word for word. You are the only one without a clue. I listed some of the differences and as faulty as Wikipedia is it even list some of those differences. Also you are a liar because you claimed to be doing the recall work in 1976, but the recalls didn't take place until June of 1978. You're a waste of space because all you're doing is making things up as you go along.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

All you need to do is read for comprehension and stop acting like you know everything. You're full of shit most of the time. Also there was no Bobcat sedan, at least not in 1976 which is the only time period I'll comment on because unlike you I only talk about what I know through ownership. If there was no 1978 Mercury Bobcat sedan than wow, did you ever step into it with your supposed 1978 service manuals ROFL.

It seems elementAry school is about as far as you went.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You just can't admit you were wrong, again. First you were wrong about doing Pinto fuel tank work in 1976, and then you were wrong about how Ford did (and still does) business with dealership between Mercury/Ford et al. For the first you just ignore getting caught in a lie, hoping it will go unnoticed, and this one you just make stuff up out of thin air. It is so easy to prove that Dealerships at that time (and still do now) have both Ford and Mercury product on their lots. Maybe in the bubble you dwell in they didn't but I still got my Bobcat replacement directly from the Ford dealership I originally bought the Pinto from. Your lies won't change that fact.

Econo-cars

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You're the bozo for not knowing he is just making things up as he goes along.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Nope, the fuel tank on the 1976 Mercury Bobcat was not in the exact same position, nor did it lack the proper reinforcements like the recalled Pintos.

My gawd you're dumb.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Yes you did say that when you implied that in 1976 I didn't get a Bobcat replacement because you were doing the technical work for the recalls on the Pinto. HAHAHA YOU ARE SO FULL OF SHIT, IT MUST REALLY HURT KEVIN.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Never trust anyone who says 'Trust me', and you're proof of why. You make up lies as you go along.

You don't even know what a court transcript looks like. You posted a summary of a civil suit by one individual against Ford. You're so stupid you don't even know the difference, how sad.

The only twit here is you. I owned a Plymouth Reliant, it rotted out within

2 years. Never bought Plymouth or Chryster ever again. Crap then, crap now.

Wow keep reading Wikipedia, you may actually impress someone some day, well when you learn to distinguish between the facts and Wikipedia fiction that is.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You did more than point out your own misconceptions, you proved yourself a liar, and a person who would go to any extreme to avoid being called out. You're a small, pathetic individual. I still enjoyed my Bobcat for years, and now for years you're down in writing as Kevin Bottorff the idiot who would stop at no extremes to hide his lies, including adding even more lies.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Kevin Bottorff" wrote

The grill, tail lights, interior, and bumper were all different and there was no sedan version for the Bobcat, and if you were a Ford Technician at the time you would have known that. Liar.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Kevin Bottorff"

The recalls didn't take place until June of 1978 on the Pintos, yet you tell me I couldn't have gotten a 1976 Bobcat replacement from Ford because Ford repaired the Pintos not replacement them? Wow, liar.

Also there were differences in the cars as I said when I got my replacement. The grill, tail light section, bumper, and interior were all different. I know I owned the cars, unlike you.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

The dimensions in my shop manual trump your vague description of "differences"

I'm not telling you anything, it's clearly a BS story just like your aerostar one.

Reply to
Brent

There was never a whole car pinto replacement program for gasoline leakage in a collision issues mentioned in any source I've ever seen. It is so exceessively costly that it strains belief. If you indeed did turn in a pinto for a bobcat in 1976 it was something entirely different. I was leaning towards you falling for some slimy tactic to sell hard to move Bobcats until you blathered out that areostar story.

That's called trim. The difference in the tail light panel would be holes for mounting the lenses. That's cosmetic.

Reply to
Brent

Now you are just being silly.

Reply to
Bret

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ids8kh$fm1$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I have an almost-complete genuine-Ford set left over from my dad's '70 Ford Custom 500.

The only book I'm missing is the electrical one, which my dad never purchased, for some odd reason. I look for this one when I go to car shows.

Reply to
Tegger

I told you what happened, and I never said other people had the same offer. I wouldn't say that becasue I don't know. That's just something you're making up. I was given a 1976 Mercury Bobcat as a replacement for the recently purchased 1975 Ford Pinto. I don't care if you don't believe it, I know it is true, and so does the person who ended up with the car for many years after I gave it up.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

A safe 'car'.MRAMP, Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Mack. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I am an *intelligent* misanthrope (note correct spelling) thank you very much. And that was *your* "daffynition" not mine, when you applied the term "humanitarian" to that idiot Nader.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel