The 10 least safe cars of all time

Hell, I have a complete set of books for all 55-64 Studebaker cars, and also an Avanti parts book and a Studebaker truck parts book.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The pathetically feeble attempt by an ignorant, pretentious, supercilious misanthropist such as yourself at correcting my orthography could hardly be more risible.

Portnoy

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

We're "losers", according to Econo-cars.

Reply to
Tegger

Right. The common form is "misanthrope."

So who's ignorant and pretentious again? (I'll own "supercilious," at least when dealing with the ignorant and pretentious.)

I see you refuse to address the main issue which is that you are defending a notorious critic of things that he does not have the engineering background necessary to criticize.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I guess I will just have to live with that.

I forgot to mention that I also have Bentley shop manuals for all A1 through A4 chassis VWs, which date back to 1974, and an old copy of "ETKA" for parts reference. So I guess I'm a loser twice.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

And you are as pedestrian as they come.

Given that nothing has changed, that would of course continue to be you. You couldn't possibly be less successful if you didn't compose and practice oration while standing in front of a mirror.

An excerpt from my reply @ news:idm20o$la0$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org about understanding what's clearly presented would apply to you as well.

Reply to
Portnoy

Doesn't appear on my news server, and I don't care enough to go through the entire thread. Don't you have a complaint to address?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

WHY do I not find this surprising? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Since I've owned both a '55 and a '64 (and a '56 and '62 as well) I don't really think you should :)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote:

Long auto shelf here in our library. Not counting a bunch of Chilton and Haynes books, factory service manuals for ChevyII/Nova 1963, 64, 65, Buick 65, Corvair 1965, Factory Assembly manual for Corvair 1965, Rambler 1958 &59, BMW 2002

1972, MGB 1965 plus SU and Weber full manuals and a half dozen general automotive textbooks (electrical, engine, gearbox, body).

Online information is much more accessible now but some of us were crawling under cars before it was popular. I know a lot of guys with more auto manuals than we have here.

Reply to
AMuzi

I have a computer set up in my garage so I can look things up if (when) I need to! I suppose I ought to find a BLACK keyboard for it!!! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Saw that orange amd black (52?) P/U truck again last week. Nice.

I still want a Coupe Express...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Well, at least you (your Dad) owned the car. This loser claims he just happens to have service manuals for cars he never owned. Not only that he pretends to quote something from it on a model that never existed.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You are if you never owned any of them. My comment was directed at the loser who never owned either a Bobcat or a Pinto, but claims to have the service manuals for them. He's just a liar, and he knows it.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Just ask Bret, aka Brent, aka Kevin, cuz the split personalities have everything you could possibly need apparently.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Umm, okay? Unlike a few others I have no problem when something flies over my head. Who is Mr. Amp? Did you mean he lives in Kentworth, Petersburg, and he drives a Mack truck?

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

I've never had an Avanti, a Stude truck, or a pre-84 VW. But I'd buy one in a hot second if the condition and price were right. Especially a first-series Scirocco. Picked up the manuals cheap at swap meets, figured that they might come in handy someday. The early VW manual has actually come in handy for wiring up electric fuel pumps on hot rods, I like the VW ignition interlock and priming function built into the fuel pump relays.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

How can anyone be sure of that in a newsgroup?

I'm not convinced just from a quick scan of previous posting patterns in other threads for the both of them, and Kevin, and when they tend to show up.

I'm curious why you would ask, since what I said would apply to Bret as 1 person, as it would to Brent posting as 2 or more people.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ie2ok7$qtp$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I have the factory shop manual for the entire 1960 VW passenger-car line. I've never owned a VW. Guess I'm a loser twice, too.

Some people collect manuals the way others collect stamps. Some are given manuals by others. Some just pick them up here and there for their curiosity value.

Reply to
Tegger

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

Remember that you're talking to somebody who believes that there's a class of aftermarket parts called "OEM replicated".

Reply to
Tegger