The 10 least safe cars of all time

Don't tell me you're using a newsgroup without going through a proxy server first? Risky. In this day of identity theft many are using proxy servers so headers can be just about anything and anywhere. I'm not in Canada, but I'm quite certain a trace route will show this message coming from Canada. Tomorrow I could be in Germany, or any of the other nations that house free proxy servers. Confuse matters further by using a free newsgroup server and you send all whois tracers on a wild chase, and all hack attempts fail. The only drawback is if you use binary groups then free servers are not for you as most do not list binary groups or they clean out postings on a regular basis (some several times a day).I don't use binary so it doesn't make a difference to me.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

You implied that I couldn't have received a 1976 Bobcat as a replacement because Ford did recall repaires to the Pinto's and you did the work yourself. Well that's bull, that's my point. You were NOT doing recall repair work when I received my replacement Bobcat in 1976.

I HAVE! It is a Ford/Mercury/Lincoln dealership, and although I don't know when it added Lincoln, it WAS FORD/Mercury back when that same dealership honored the Ford certificate for the replacement Bobcat in 1976. I bought every Mercury and Ford that I've ever owned from the same dealership, and they ALWAYS had demos of each on the lot as well as ready to buys of each..

Oh sure add a disclaimer now, LOL. Get out of that bubble you live in. Every dealership isn't like the one in your neighborhood.

Of for crippers sake get a life. Lots of the Ford/Mercury/Lincoln dealerships were Ford/Mercury since day one of their business. You're the only one who didn't know that.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9E4D52EBF2DF7tegger@

208.90.168.18:

However, a Google search reveals that the Pinto was /never/ included in that mix. The 1971 model line all remained in one manual... except for the Pinto and Bobcat, which were in fact allowed their own books.

It may be that this was because the Pinto/Bobcat shared few parts and systems with any other Ford.

Reply to
Tegger

"Brent"

No it was a free replacement, but I did pay for the Pinto. The Bobcat cost me nothing, but was newer, and nicer.

Who on earth took out a loan on a car in that day and age? You must have been awful poor to have to assume everyone else needed car loans like you did LOL. I never financed any car until recently, and that's only because it no longer makes sense to pay cash.

BTW some day when you grow up, you may be lucky enough to have a large family of your own. If that ever happens you'll find in many instances you don't have to take care of business, because businesses take care of you. My family gets discounts automatically everywhere we shop as does every other large family that I know of in this area. Why? Simple, generations of business and more generations after that. Of course you still have to be able to afford a large family, so you'll probably never get there anyway.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

No, time and time again I've proved you are a liar, and a small person who can't stand when others get something you didn't. I know the truth, you don't, and you're too thick to see it.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

It wasn't a story it was a fact. Your jealousy has you making one lie after another while you desperately tried to disprove something you can't possibly disprove since it is the truth. Now you're just down in history as being a person who will go to any extremes to be right. Way to go moron.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Sure you did, all of a sudden you think to mention that ROFL. You're one of these people who always have something in the attic for safe keeping, and nobody ever gets to see them. You're just a liar and you know it.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Well the engines and drive train were basically from the Ford Escort sold in Europe at the time. Front suspension was pieced together from Maverick and Falcon parts. Interior and body were Pinto/Bobcat only.

The manual above was concerned with the domestic produced stuff.

The Mustang II shared some parts including the engine trans, front subframe and basic platform with the Pinto chassis. The engines started out being imported until Ford got production of the

4 and V-6 into plants in the US.
Reply to
Steve W.

LOL You just exposed his attempt at explaining away his lie of having the Pinto and Bobcat shop manuals. Brent you're really digging a deeper hole, just admit you lied.

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

"Steve W." wrote in news:ie68ua$6uc$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

I should have said, "Any AMERICAN Ford". As far as Ford North America was concerned, the Pinto was a separate beast entirely.

But the Mustang II didn't come out until 1974. Plus you could get it with the 302, which you never could get in the Pinto/Bobcat.

I remember reading that Ford wanted the Pinto/Bobcat body to be able to take a V8 right from the beginning; that's why the transmission tunnel was so awfully big. It /really/ cut into interior room, and pushed the seats right up against the doors. Not a particularly comfortable car, I found.

The "Pinto" OHC I-4 is still popular in Britain.

Reply to
Tegger

Yeah...that would be GREAT to do this to...

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

YIKES!!!! SIXTY NINE DOLLARS?!?!?!

We used to throw the things away!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Accepted :)

Reply to
Bret

IP is real, defences are in place :)

Reply to
Bret

Very true. I wonder just how many folks realize that "those evil imports" were helped a lot by the big three. Not just because they didn't jump on the compact bandwagon but in outright imports of their own.

Well not from the factory... It wasn't hard to drop one in though. I remember the kits for the V-8 in the Pinto and the kits to put them in Vegas.

Probably for the same reason the V-8 in the Monza wasn't a big success, engine torque made the chassis twist like a pretzel... BTDT. The Starfire I had ended up with a bit larger than stock alloy big block with a turbo on it. Was a bear to handle.

There are a few engines like that. That aluminum Buick v8 is one.

Reply to
Steve W.

Yep, Scary what they go for. BUT the new ones have the full number of keys and either PS-2 or USB connections. Plus you still get replaceable key caps and all the good stuff. I wonder if they would make a wireless model?

Reply to
Steve W.

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ie674r$32f$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Ha ha ha, that is a out and out lie. You could not have a duel dealership in the begining. you really should give up or at least have a semblence of truth to your rantings. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ie67j7$3vv$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

So far your the only one to beleive your story! Your dilousions are mildly entertaining anyway. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

"Steve W." wrote in news:ie6h9l$o5j$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

You mean the RWD '60s Olds Starfire?

Hey, I test-drove something like that before I bought my Integra. It was a FWD Pontiac Sunbird/Sunfire/Sunburn or something like that, with an I-4 and a turbo. The first time I mashed the throttle at a light, the thing almost threw me into the ditch. Horrible torque-steer. You had to hold onto the steering wheel with a death-grip when the turbo kicked in.

They call that one the "Rover" V8; it's a British icon these days.

Reply to
Tegger

"Econo-cars" wrote in news:ie67qc$4fg$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

yea I am real worried your little rantings will brand me a "Great big fat liar" I am all tore up over your little smear campaign. Tear! NOT KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff