The Fast and the Furious on TCM????

Couldn't believe my eyes...the Fast and the Furious on TCM!

1955, John Ireland and Dorothy Malone. One of the first movies directed by Roger Korman,,,

A man wrongly imprisoned for murder breaks out of jail. He wants to clear his name, but with the police pursuing him, he's forced to take a beautiful young woman, driving a fast sports car, hostage and slip into a cross-border sports car race to try to make it to Mexico before the police get him.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

No surprise. I haven't seen an original idea out of Hollyweird in a LONG time... Just saw that there is a remake of "True Grit" With Jeff Bridges taking the title role... JEFF BRIDGES!!! Playing a role made famous by John Wayne!!!

Reply to
Steve W.

My wife knew I liked "High Noon" so she bought me the DVD. With Tom Skeritt starring. hehe.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Aw, geeze!

I liked the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still...

Not. Made it through 15 minutes and turned it off. WTF was that?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yep, doggy and I stayed awake extra late last night and watched The Fast and the Furious on TCM.It's a Good movie. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

OOPS, well at least she tried...

I look at some of the remakes and a VERY few are pretty good.

I have 4 different versions of Time Machine, 4 of King Kong, 6 different versions of War of the Worlds. Plus a host of others.

Some of them REALLY SUCK as well....

Reply to
Steve W.

Yes. I have seen some good remake versions. Seems the key to success is to remake a mediocre or worse movie or one where a beast or alien or science fiction is the nominal star/subject. Even James Bond suffered when it lost Connery. King Kong is a good example. The remake (with Jessica Lange) was much better than the Fay Wray version. But you don't try to remake classics where the star actors stamped them. It won't work. You just can't "remake" Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind or High Noon. Nobody will find success remaking the Godfather either. Gary Cooper won the Oscar for High Noon. I won't go into the rest of the cast, the direction, etc. That High Noon DVD with Tom Skerrit is still in a sealed case. Bought by accident from the bargain bin. Probably lost money for whoever tried that fool move.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith