Three tone 1956 Chevrolet car.

Mon Oncle movie (1958 French movie) was on the TCM channel a few minutes ago.The guy got rid of his Solex Moped and he bought a new 1956 Chevrolet.The car is green with a pink roof and some sort of a maroon color on the rear sides of the car.Maybe it was a four tone color, I think the trunk of the car was a grey looking color.I remember the factory two tone paint jobs on some American 1950s cars.Some of those European cars were two tone too.They were sharp looking cars, they had style and class back in those days. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I recall some Chryslers my dad had that were three tone. Two different shades of green with a white "swoosh" along the side/trunk line.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Internet Movie Cars Data Base has a picture/photo of that 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air that was in the Mon Oncle movie. When I wrote the URL down and then typed it, it came up with a 1964 Wolseley, British car.

Many years ago, one of my brother in laws bought a new 1956 chevrolet.It was a one tone blue color car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

56 Chevy was available as a monochrome, two tone OR if you had a convertible three colors. The two most popular colors were India Ivory and Brilliant Red. NOT usually on the same vehicle!
Reply to
Steve W.

When it comes to Chevrolet cars, I think the 1958 Chevrolet Impala two door hard top baby blue ones are the best looking.

Fords, the 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 two door hard tops. It is all a matter of opinion though. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Did you like the yellow 54 Studebaker Coupe...?

Reply to
bobj

Yep, the Studebakers are always in style.Nowadays, most cars all look alike.Back in the 1950s, even at night time, you could tell which cars were which just by looking at the tail lights.

Speaking of that,

He has a lot of nice lights for sale. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin