Timing or dead car???

Okay, I have a 1988 Toyota Corolla FX 1.6 L Carb car. Today while I was driving on the interstate, it began to rattle. It sounded like it was inside the engine. I pulled over and checked the oil. It was low, but not dry. I put a quart of oil in the car and got about 10 feet (still making noises) before the car died completely. The key would just turn. Any ideas???

Reply to
sl_poser411

Shep

I got the car home now and have had a better chance to look at it. When I turn the key, the car clicks. Iknow it's not the starter. How can you tell if a piston is busted?

Reply to
sl_poser411