Tire comparison

Falken has a tire for $97 while Yokahama has one for $160.

They both have similar tire warranties.

Is Yokahama worth the extra cost ?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy K

What vehicle? How do you drive it? Performance tire or normal driving? Will you use the tires abilities? Does your vehicle NEED those tires abilities?

Reply to
Steve W.

Also, what are the speed ratings for each. Is one tire a "T" rated while the other a "H"-rated?

Reply to
thekmanrocks

T is for most regular drivers, H is almost a V, probably costs like one too:

AMuzi

Can't compare without knowing the specs.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I found some poor reviews about Falken mileage warranty and wet weather performance.

Yokahama has been around for 98 years.

I have 2 Falken tires with 18,000 miles.(with a 65K warranty)

I checked the tire tread depth and it is about 4/32.

It looks like those tires won't even come close to lasting 65k miles.

I will go with the Yokohama YK580 tires.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

AMuzi:

I already know that. I was just explaining how speed ratings could affect cost.

Reply to
thekmanrocks

Yes, but how do they ride? If you get softer tires, they will wear faster, but they might handle better too. Which one is more important to you?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I would prefer better mileage even if the ride is not as soft.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Thanks for the info.

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

I like sticky tires but they only last 35k miles.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I bought some Yokohama's ONCE. There won't be a twice. YMMV. Look up each tire on tirerack.com and compare the ratings. If you plan to drive within the speed limits don't fall for the nonsense about how you have to buy speed rated tires if your original tires were. Buy based on the price/performance that suits your needs, not the tire industries profit motives.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher