Tire inflation indicators

A previous thread here asked about tire inflation indicators.

Just had an issue with mine today that I though I would share.

Temperatures here have been low, and suddenly my inflation indicator came on. Tires were down to 25 psi, so I inflated them back up to

32, as specified.

The light did not go out.

Called the dealership for an appointment and told what was wrong. Service manager asked if I had balanced the tire inflations, and I said I had..."Including the spare", he asked? (Well heck no, I had not checked the spare)

Armed with this clue, I checked the spare, and found the pressure had dropped to 20 psi. After I balanced that, the light went off and everything was fine.

Just a hint to others who might have these systems, but who have not really looked into how some of them work.

Reply to
HLS

"HLS" wrote in news:WT1Xk.7958$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com:

You've got steel valve stems, don't you?

Reply to
Tegger

Yes, steel valve stems integral with pressure transducers on every tire.. Including the spare />)

We live and, some of us, learn.

Reply to
HLS