Tire Plus-Sizing Question: Why MUST Tire/Wheel Get WIDER When +Sizing?

jim beam wrote in news:jnvj8c$u56$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Hey pot meet kettle. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Adding to the rim diameter is fine - exactly what I want to do. But appare ntly it is more expensive to do and more difficult to find tires in the siz e necessary to accomplish this. But tradtitional plus-sizing involves both the diameter AND the width of the rim being increased - more common and ea sily attainable. I do NOT want WIDER. I just want an inch taller rim in di ameter and the appropriate tire profile to maintain the correct overall hei ght for speedometer purposes. I wish there was a way to visualize what I w ant to do here because #1 I think the way I'm explaining it isn't clear eno ugh, and #2 there are a couple of folks on here who don't even know what pl us-sizing IS.

-CC

-CC

Reply to
ckozicki

all of which appears to be utterly pointless. but let's go back to your stated objectives:

width change).

you want a larger wheel, but the same diameter/width tire to retain the same "looks"??? that's just plain stupid.

see above - there's no point changing the wheels.

neither of which are affected by the wheel...

for negoticating rain and snow).

if you want more longitudinal contact, you want bigger overall tire diameter, not the same size, your stated objective...

which conflicts with the above...

you can't explain it because you don't understand it.

funny. the guy that can't explain what he wants or why he wants it, /can/ explain what he thinks everyone else thinks. that's really funny.

Reply to
jim beam

You're explaining it fine.

Reply to