Tire Question ?

Hello,

Have gotten such good advice here in the past, thought I'd also ask you experts this one regading tires. I'm certainly not.

Have to replace my tires on my 2009 Buick LaCrosse. Live outside of Boston; Lots of snowy days in the winter; wet and slush many others.

Want an "All Season"

Was going to get the Michelin Primacy MXV4, but after looking at the charts in Tire Rack, it seems that the Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus Technology is rated higher in every category.

Imagine the cost is about the same.

Any opinions or thoughts on ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

All I can tell you is I had original Continentals on my Buick...and they were very good IMO!

Reply to
Bob Villa

I got the Michelin Primacy MXV4 for my Avalon (Original equipment). All season, not a problem with them Got a deal--buy 3 get 4th free along with an alignment and a $70 Michelin gift card. Live North of Boston. MLD

Reply to
MLD

I'm a fan of Cooper weathermasters.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

last time I researched tires that would be good in the snow and be in the range of normal quality tire costs I settled on Coopers. Don't recall which model but it was a specific model. Besides tirerack there are some good reviews on the other major tire suppliers web sites, like Discount. I also found that Pep Boys was selling the same cooper tire under a different name for less and took that ad to Discount tire and got them to lower their price.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I live in boston like climate an run Michelin Xi-2s october through april. My brother loved mxv4s (had at least 2 sets) but his car hardly ever sees snow. Conti Pro Contacts (an all season) provided LOTS of adrenaline when I changed from winters to "all seasons" prematurely a season or two back. "All season" tire is the tire that sucks year round (except maybe in brief mid season months)

Reply to
I hate front wheel drive, most torque must go to the rear