Tire Warr. Question

Hello,

Before I go to the auto tire place and have a big argument.

Tires that have worn down to the wear strips way before the 50,000 miles warr. that they supposedly have:

What's "normally" done":

a credit towards a new pair ? if so, must they be the same brand, again ?

a cash pro-rated reimbursement ?

or,... ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Well they will ask in no particular order:

Did you have the tires rotated every 4-5K miles? Did the tires wear on one side or feather? (indicates possible bad alignment/excessive speed while cornering) Are they worn evenly across the tire? plus a bunch more.

Then they will waltz around some, and possibly give you another set.

Good luck.

Reply to
Steve W.

Read this, quoted from

Be sure to read the whole article for more details.

"Assuming that the tires have been properly maintained and have worn down evenly to 2/32? of remaining tread depth, let's review how consumers receive their value. Our example will be a set of tires backed by a 5-year/40,000-mile treadlife/mileage warranty.

If a driver evenly wore all four tires down to 2/32" of remaining tread depth in 30,000 miles, they would be offered a new set of equivalent tires from the same brand that would be discounted from their current retail price by 25% (prorating the value of 10,000 of the 40,000 miles of wear they didn't receive). The driver would be required to pay the percentage difference between the warranted mileage and the mileage actually received as well as the cost of mounting, balancing and installing the replacement tires."

Be sure to read the whole article for more details.

Reply to
Retired

Have they worn evenly, or more on one side than the other? Is there any sign of cupping?

Normally they argue with you until you decide to go away.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

ote:

"I'm looking for an argument! Oh, I'm sorry, this is abuse..."

Reply to
AD