Tires/Wheels: P215/65R16 vs. P225/60R16 - Interchangeable?

We have two Chryslers with the following tire sizes:

1995 Chrysler Concorde - p225/60r16 2001 Town & Country Minivan - p215/65r16

The Concorde is at the end of its life but the tires (Michelin) are in very good condition and the wheels are better than what we have on the van.

The Concorde is going to be junked. We are wondering, however, if the wheels/tires from the Concorde would fit our minivan. If so, we'd remove them before junking the Concorde.

Anyone know?

Thanks. -- Rik

Reply to
Rik Brown

Yup.

Yup.

The Concorde tires are a measly 10mm wider than the T&C tires. Do the wheels from the Concorde fit on the T&C? I would think they would, since the wheels from my LHS fit my Grand Voyager. What you want to do is take a wheel off of the Concorde and put it on the T&C and check the clearances, on the front turning the wheel from lock to lock to make sure the tire doesn't hit any suspension/frame pieces, and then on the rear for clearance to the frame.

I once put Galcier Grips on a Tercel that were tachnically too wide, and then just had to remember not to turn the steering wheel to full lock. ;)

You should be fine.

This is an excellent tool. Punch in the size of the old tire, then the size of the 'new' tire and get the differences.

The difference is so small it's hardly worth mentioning. The 60 series will have a slightly smaller sidewall, and may result in a little better handling, but it will probably hardly be noticable.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

and your speedo should be right on unless you have a mccane bumper sticker................

Reply to
bill

I do! But my speedo says I'm go

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Anyone know enough about tires/wheels to advise on this matter?

Thanks. -- Rik

Reply to
Rik Brown

Dude, kinda already answered it...

Short answer: put the tires from the car on the van.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B