tool (ratchet/socket related) question, what is this called and where can I get it?

I know I've seen these before... very thin pieces of metal or plastic with a square hole in the middle, and a knurled or toothed ring around the end... you put them on your ratchet wrench between the head and the socket that you're going to use, so you can set your finger on it to add a little drag when you're starting a loose fitting fastener in a tight place when the drag of the ratchet is greater than the drag of the fastener threads. Sure you can try to create drag on the socket but your hands are oily and the socket is smooth.

I know I've seen 'em... but I don't have any. I've seen round-head ratchets with a similar ring on the backside of the ratchet head, but again, I don't have any of those either. My google-fu is weak today as well.

Yes, I have spent the last day and a half organizing all my mechanic's tools, they're better organized today than... well... ever. Which is nice. No more cardboard boxes and storage totes, I actually bought some socket rails and roll cabinet drawer organizers! No more buying duplicates 'cause I can't find s--- (and now I'm able to identify what I really don't have, as well.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

speeder

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

OK that's what I thought, but all I'm finding is speed handles when I try to search...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel