Torque converter problem?

Hi all,

more and more often I am experiencing the following problem: As soon I shift the transmission into the Park position, the engine dies. After that, it does start again, but I have to try many times until I get the car into "D". It dies several times, as soon as I want to shift. It is a Ford Taurus with automatic transmission. Once it moves, then it usually shifts somehow smoothly. That's why I thought that maybe some component in the torque converter is plugged. ( A pumnp maybe?) My question is: Would the flushing of the transmission include a cleaning of the torque converter? Do you think that it would bring some improvement? As usual, thank you kindly for your hints and advice.

Regards,

tito

Reply to
Tito

The torque converter lock-up circuit is engaged, maybe needs a new switch/solenoid or whatever ford uses.

Reply to
pete selby