Toyota 1987 van: running rough

I've got a 1987 Toyota Van (they didn't call them minivans back then). For some reason while driving it, I've noticed that it surges as I drive it. Even though I apply a stead pressure upon the gas pedal, it will sometimes increase and decrease the speed.

What could be causing this?

Although I don't know if this will have any bearing upon it, I should mention that we are experiencing colder than normal winter temperatures. We've been reaching down to the teens at night and early morning hours. Could this weather cause the behavior I am seeing with my Toyota's performance?

Rod

Reply to
Rod