Toyota and GM

I really hope GM avoids bankruptcy. My dad only ever owned GM products.

I've been happy with the 2 Toyotas I've owned and probably will stick with Toyota for the rest of my life, but I hope GM survives too. The more competition, the better. Companies strive to out-do each other.

I agree with Hachi that GM occasionally makes some really good cars. My mom and dad still own an Oldsmobile Delta Eighty-Eight with 95,000 miles on it. I think it's the 1987 model, but it still drives *really fine* today. Whenever I visit St. Louis, I love to take her out for a spin. I'm amazed at how really fine that car drives. I love it.

Any other Delta Eight-Eight stories?

Reply to
Built_Well

The world would benefit from GM going bankrupt, so it is to be hoped that they do proceed in that direction.

GM never strove to outdo anything - witness the garbage that they have foisted on people in the US. GM subsidiary operations outside of the US make demonstrably superior product to US product.

There will be plenty of competition coming from China and India.

Reply to
sooba

A very good friend of mine also has one of those and just decided to let it go when the transmission went. He has close to 300k on it and it still ran as good as ever until the trans got tired. Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I've never been a GM fan, but do you really think they build the Z0-6 and forthcoming ZR-1 to stay inferior to the Viper? I think not....

Reply to
Steve