toyota camry autogas problem

i have changed the 3.0l engine on my camry and for some reason the gas wont work properly it runs fine on petrol but on gas it idles very lumpy about

500 instead of 1100 on petrol and loses power uphill as if the gas is not goin thru properly any ideas could the cat be a problem
Reply to
megankatie

You might want to clarify what the heck the difference is between petrol and gas. If is runs fine on "petrol" then put that in your gas tank.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I believe (best guess) that the OP means to say gasoline (petrol) or LPG (propane) or some other pressurized gas.

I suggest you take it to a mechanixc knowlegable about the system and let him diagnose the problem.

Reply to
marks542004

"Autogas" (or "gas") in Britain is what Americans call propane.

"Petrol" is gasoline.

Petrol is about twice the price of autogas due to British tax policy. This has given rise to a conversion industry devoted to switching petrol vehicles to use gas as well as petrol.

Apparently driveability problems are common with these conversions. No, I don't know why.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser