Toyota employee caught stealing

If you take your vehicle to a dealership for whatever, be sure your vehicle is ''clean''. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

What are you saying?!?!

I never had anything stolen from my car at a Toyota dealer.

Except once. I left something in the console.

Sure hope the guys had a good time on me...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

My son left his Toyota at the dealership for some repair---All the change and a GPS Unit ( left in car by mistake) stolen. General Manager points to sign that says "Not responsible for lost items etc". Kinda gives the workers a license to steal doesn't it? MLD

Reply to
MLD

Call Toyota USA, or get a hold of a regional field rep. I bet his GPS will turn up quick, at least if an employee took it.

When we put the cars back on the lost, they were LOCKED. Usually cars with goodies were kept inside overnight.

If he dropped it in the morning and picked it up before the dealer closed, call Toyota.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

That would be any dealership, or any independent mechanic, Cuhulin. There is little sense of honesty in the USA any more.

Reply to
hls

I wasen't picking on Toyota, perse.It could be any dealership anywhere. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Exactly. It is not wise to be seen to impune a multinational company based on the actions of one of its goobertoothed employees.

Reply to
hls

But, really, that's what a company is. It's just a lot of employees.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

True...in this case the employee did not, we hope, represent the deportment of the "lot of employees", nor the policies of the company by whom he was employed.

This could have, and has, happened at many different dealerships, garages, etc in the past, and surely will be repeated again. But it has nothing to do with Toyota.

Reply to
hls

Sure. Big sign that says Toyota on the place. Car is full of Toyota vehicles. Employees all over - including thieves - who wear patches over their shirt pockets saying Toyota. They even plastered Toyota's name and logo all over the paperwork. Just a mite too neat for my taste. Most likely the UAW framed them, with GM and fed help. Those crooked bastards.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I don't know about that, at several dealers I've not sanitized my truck past ensuring I haven't left any firearms in it. Tools, change, etc. have never gone missing.

Reply to
Pete C.

I dont think it is particularly widespread, but I feel that a lot of people today are willing to take something that they want and not feel particularly guilty about the thievery.

I dont usually go to a dealership, occasionally to an independent garage, but I dont leave any temptations.

I am disappointed by the general decrease in honesty that I perceive over the last couple of decades - at all levels.

Reply to
hls

Big deal. When I was a kid, one of my neighbors had a Volkswagen squareback. His had been equipped with a larger, more powerful engine offered as an option for that model year.

After a while, it needed some significant work (clutch, I think). So he took it to a garage that specialized in VWs. When he got it back, it didn't seem to run quite right. Upon examining the engine, he determined that someone had replaced his with a smaller one from a previous year.

He suspected (but could never identify) one of the mechanics who was into building dune buggies and hot rodding VW engines as probably having taken a liking to his larger motor and swapping it for a smaller one while the car was in the shop.

Years later, I had a Toyota Landcruiser (in very good shape at the time) that needed some simple work done. I took it into a shop and was told that I'd have to leave it for a week or so. While I was there, I observed what appeared to be one of the mechanic's personal vehicles up on jacks out back. A beat up, rusty Landcruiser of about the same vintage. Remembering my neighbor's problem and not wanting to pick my car up with a bunch of older parts, I got out of there quickly.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.