Toyota engineers convicted of stealing secrets from Ferrari.

I just now read about that at,

According to the article,some people at Ferrari stold some secrets from Maranello and they are accused of giving the secrets to rivals at Toyota F1. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:21128-462FA4E5-132@storefull-

3253.bay.webtv.net:

In your subject line you say they are Toyota engineers.

However, in the body of your message you say they are "people at Ferrari" who gave the stuff to "rivals at Toyota".

Which is it?

Reply to
Tegger

Accord Your subject line says they are Toyota engineers but the body of your message says they are "people at Ferrari" who gave the stuff to "rivals at Toyota". Which is it? _______________________________________________

I don't know, but as soon as the stolen technology is incorporated I'm buying myself a Toyota Testa Rossa.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

"Rodan" wrote in news:gBSXh.5119$Zm.1541@trndny03:

Has Toyota ever actually made a car whose Testa was Rossa?

Hey Ray O, you've seen a 2000GT, have you not? What color was its Testa?

(BTW, "Testa" means "head", for those not Pasta-literate...)

Reply to
Tegger

I didn't write the article I saw at

I only passed on part of the article I had read in the article.I did read the entire article too.However,auto companies spying on other auto companies and stealing secrets certainly isn't anything new.That sort of thing has been going for many years. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

If I may Quote the great Bard,Will Rogers? All I Know is What I Read in the Papers. Unquote. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

^^^^^ Stole? Sold?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

And Bill Davis Racing lost all factory support (and had to settle an ugly lawsuit) from Dodge Motorsports a few years ago for transferring Dodge NASCAR engine tech to Toyota's NASCAR Truck Series program.

Its called "industrial espionage" and it happens a lot more often than most people think.

Reply to
Steve

So,I did a devilfinder.com for, Toyota engineers convicted for stealing Ferrari secrets

There are some interesting articles in there if you want to look for them.Just pick and choose. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Indeed it does. "Copy and steal" is a rather normal way of upgrading one's technology. Sometimes it is not even illegal.

With all due respect to the Italians, their cars are not, in general, what I would want to copy.

An Italian car, a cheating wife, and swollen hemorrhoids have some characteristics in common.

Reply to
<HLS

An Italian car,I can understand.A friend of mine,back in the 1970's,his brother in law bought an old 1960's Alfa Romero car.I rmember one time in his back yard he was trying to patch up the rusted out floor board (it was a convertible/rag top car) with a torch and a piece of regular lead.Of course,that didn't work out at all. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

A colleague and I rented an Alfa Romeo 156 a few years ago on a business trip to Frankfurt. This is not a sports model, but rather a normal sedan. It had, perhaps, the best road handling and ride that I had ever experienced. How long this car would have held together would be interesting, but they are not known for their long term durability.

Reply to
<HLS