Toyota Hydrogen Cars. (Some other car companies too)

Google,,, nysebigstage.com Toyota brings hydrogen cars to production In 2015, if things go as planned.

Reply to
JR

JR wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

For a contrary view, see Whistler, British Columbia, Canada's experience with their hydrogen buses:

Excerpt: "Information obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request by the Canadian Autoworkers? Union 333 suggests Whistler?s 20 hydrogen fuel cell buses cost three times more for maintenance and fuel costs than the conventional Nova diesel buses they replaced in 2009."

Another excerpt: "...average fuel range is below the amount specified in the contract and is worse during the winter months, when water in the fuel cells can freeze and prevent the buses from starting or running efficiently."

Hahahaha! Take that, greenies!

Reply to
Tegger

s 20

Glad I am not a greenie.

Reply to
JR

In my city, we had a trial of Mercedes hydrogen buses. I thought they were pretty cool. Unfortunately, they got yanked after a few years. Presumably they were too expensive.

Reply to
bruce56

In 2015, if things go as planned.

Those online scientific stores that sell things, I once saw at one of those stores a little toy car that runs on solar power and hydrogen. The toy car is self contained, presumebaly it will run for a very long time without ne eding to be refuled. Something like that anyway.

Reply to
JR

In 2015, if things go as planned.

se stores a little toy car that runs on solar power and hydrogen. The toy c ar is self contained, presumebaly it will run for a very long time without needing to be refuled. Something like that anyway.

Google,,, Scientific toy car runs on solar hydrogen power

Reply to
JR