TPS sensor voltage

I need TPS sensor voltage for Ford Probe GT 1991. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
D&S

And somewhere around the time of 02/15/2004 11:37, the world stopped and listened as D&S contributed the following to humanity:

I don't have the voltage, but I can tell you how to get it. The TPS is just an over-glorified POT, or potentiometer. It's a mechanically variable resistor similar to the volume control on older TV's, radio's, etc. Most of these things are wired as such that the two outer lugs are battery and ground. Take a DMM and measure them. The third middle terminal is the wiper on the pot. That's the voltage that goes to the computer.

What the actuall supply voltage is, I would say because it's on a sensor, 5 volts maybe.

Reply to
Daniel Rudy

Assuming you have a 5vdc reference present at the TPI the output voltage should be low (500 millivolts) at idle and high (5vdc) at WOT. The output voltage should increase or decrease in a linear fashion as the throttle is opened or closed.

Reply to
Mad Dog