tracking down suspension rattle in dodge dakota

I just replaced the lower ball joints (and uppers a couple years back), and also CV axles which needed it (they were clunking in reverse when backing out of the driveway). It has decreased the suspension rattle I occasionally feel through the steering wheel and brake pedal, but not eliminated it. It is most noticeable while braking, the moment before coming to a complete stop and maybe sometimes right after, I can feel some rattle. The ball joints have improved things but I want to track down the last source of rattle.

I'm wondering what I should be looking at next, maybe the control arm bushings, etc. Is that job a pain? I have done some searching on various sites and lower control arm bushings, OEM or aftermarket, don't seem to be available for my truck. Uppers are available, with a good selection of brands and types (urethane, etc)

Thanks,

Dave

1995 dodge dakota 4x4 5.2L
Reply to