Trani Prob. 92 caravan.

Hi:

From what I hear, these vehicles had lots of trani problems. I think mine is a bit different, and hope that someone has an idea or two to save me a bit of coin.

Van worked fine since I owned it, then after sitting for about 4 days, the darn thing wouldn't shift out of first gear! No warning, nuttin'. The trani always had and still does have enough fluid.

Is there a relay or summthin' else cheap and simple that would cause it to do this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Pat Harkin

========== ========== Pat,

=Answer to yer question as it is written=

No.

hopefully the question you asked wuz answered

~:~ MarshMonster ~likes yes/no questions..~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Pat, I also have experienced the joy of Caravan ownership. There is only one hope for your transmission. Go to the car parts store and buy a can of transmission tune up. There is some stuff by Lucas oil company that is a thickening agent, kind of like STP for transmissions. What happened to you is your seals in the transmission are worn out, and can' t build enough pressure to engage the bands and clutches in the tranny. So it won't move. There is also some stuff called Trans Medic, or Transmission Tune Up, which work by swelling the worn out seals and making them hold pressure. You just dump it in the transmission dipstick tube with a good funnel, idle the car and shift the shift lever through the gears for an hour to circulate the stuff through the warm transmission, and leave it for a day or two. If it is going to work, it will then. If not, it is tranny time. I hope you checked the tranny oil level with the engine warm and idling in park. If not you get a wrong reading. The engine has to be running. What ever you do, NEVER REV THE ENGINE if the car won't move when it is in gear. You will totally toast the tranny! The clutch packs will burn up, and it will co$t you big buck$. Other than that, if the tune up stuff doesn't work, you are up the creek. The older Caravans will cost you a couple grand to fix, good luck. Also if it does start to work again, it is only a matter of time before it will fail again, maybe 10 k miles, so plan accordingly.

Reply to
fastcarface

======== ======== Everything you posted was wrong.

everything.

all of it.

every bit.

completly.

and....most of it was detrimental to a transmissions satisfactory operation.

note....detrimental.

yep.

not good.

bad.

harmfull.

~:~ MarshMonster ~answering the questions asked, and some that ain't~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

If you don't know what you are talking about, if you are not 100% sure of your answer, don't volunteer an opinion. As it turns out this could have been a computer problem, (which would have been cheaper than a full rebuild). Even better, all it was was a broken wire leading to the trani.

"Marsh M>> Hi:

Reply to
Pat Harkin

========= Pat, What......

didn't I answer your question?

Don't go spewing forth because you asked a question in such a way as to not get the answer you were after.

YOU,,,,,,dip shit.....asked the question.......not me!!!!!!!

Oh.......and I work on trannies everyday....every week......every year.

And..... you wanted to know if it could be simple and cheap. YOUR FK'n WOEDS!!!!!!!

So...... tell me LIE........go on.......tell it......... how simple was it???????????????????????????????????????????

Oh.........your buddy found it........ ..............your buddy fixed it.......

FOR FREE.....??????????????

go on.......... tell yer lie.

tell it.

prick

~:~ MarshMonster ~defines easy as a blown fuse~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

What a jerk! I have cleaned up most of the grammer, (not the profanities), and put our conversation in order, just so everyone can see how you treat a lady brand new to this group, who obviously knows nothing about transmissions.

Oh, for your >> >> >> Hi:

MarshM>> > =Answer to yer question as it is written= No.

Pat wrote a week or so later:

MarshMonster

Pat says: Amazing isn't it?

Reply to
Pat Harkin

====== ====== Pat Harkin, LISTEN LADY.................

you asked a question......I answered extremely acurately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND.....I might add.......balls on correct!!!!!!

If you wanted a pinpoint diagnosis......YOUR ass should have asked for one. You wouldn't have got one....but what the hey....at least you would have asked the QUESTION YOU MEANT TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW.......get this straight LADY............... I gave you an answer.......the answer was a simple N O ........!!!!!!!! That's what I wrote.

YOU!!!!!!!!! LADY.........started telling me what a dipshit I was.

FACT...not fiction.

SO.......if you have a prob with me jumping dead in your arse over that, GO SUCK A MONKEYS ASS!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you one thing though, at least you had the BALLS to post the fact that you spent almost $200 on a repair, proving that I gave the correct answer to your little quiz.

Let's start over LADY........ again, to answer your question...

N O........there is no cheap easy solution. but.......i'ma guess'n you've found out i wuz rite by now......AYE LADY???????????

If you want long answers.......ASK SMART QUESTIONS!!!

~:~ MARSHMONSTER ~ggrrrrrrrrr~

Reply to
Marsh Monster