trans problem

i have a 99 mitsubishi eclipse rs with a manual trans. the trans was rebuilt about half a year a go and runs fine. but the problem is that i cant put it in any gear. it started yesterday on my way home from school when i noticed that it was getting harder and harder to put it in gear. then about half way home it just wouldnt allow me to switch any gear. i had parked it on a side street and drove it home by starting it in gear and was able to switch to all gears without the clutch as i was driving.i got it to my garage and i started jacking up the car on both sides into the air. then just for the heck of it i figured id start it and see if it went into gears and it went into all gears fairly easily with just a little bit of effort. but then i noticed that when i stepped on the clutch the rpms would stay the same along with the speed. i was even able to accelerate while holding the clutch down. then as i stepped on the clutch and the brake the car would stall out. i bled the clutch to see if that would do anything and it didnt. im thinking it might be the throw out bearing or the clutch itself but it is not slipping. i was even able to top out the car while in the air at 150. if anybody has any ideas on what it might be it would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Reply to
greasemonkey19

it's not your trans, the clutch hydraulics are likely screwed. replace both the master and slave cylinders, unless something leads you to believe that there's a mechanical problem in the clutch itself. (replacing only one cylinder ensures that you will just need to replace the other within a few months; they tend to go bad together.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel