transmission control module

My 2002 Intrepid is givng a code 700. Book says transmission control system. Is this a module? Where is it?

Reply to
DAM

yeah, it' the module. but that code doesn't always mean that the controller is bad. there could also be a wiring problem....codes just tell you where to start looking.

on that car....i want to say it's on the driver's side, somewhere close to the wheel well...or close to relay box..maybe even in the wheel well, which requires the tire to moved out of the way, and the plastic unbolted...but i'm not completely certain....that's just where they tend to be on chrysler products...

Reply to
dsguy

I changed the fluid and the filter, reset the code and everything seemed fine for three days. Then the engine light came on and it won't shift past second. I guess this is the limp mode I've heard about. Does anyone know how difficult this module is to change?

Reply to
DAM

Okay, picked the car up after it set for about an hour. Engine light still on but shifting fine. Pulled the cover off of the relay box under the hood and checked(pulled) the fuses from the TCM and PCM spots. Codes are now cleared. Dealer says TCM is part of the PCM. Any thoughts anyone?

Reply to
DAM