transmission dipstick

I just bought a 1988 Lincoln Town Car with a 302 5.0 and i think i have low transmission fluid, but i cannot find the transmission dipstick for the life of me. if anyone could steer me in the right direction please let me know! thanks alot

Reply to
josephberggren

wrote

Theoretically, it should be on the passenger side, just below the rear corner of the big aluminum intake manifold. It may be hidden by bundles of wires or A/C tubing and hoses.

If there's a problem shifting, before you drive anywhere check the TV (Throttle Valve) grommet in the throttle lever, on the driver's side.

It should look more or less like this:

If it's disintegrated and looks like this:
don't even try driving until you get a new grommet, unless you wantto buy a new transmission 10 miles later. Stock part is # E0AZ-7F330-A Some prefer the brass version # F3SZ-7H303-B Should be fairly cheap from Ford.

Don't forget to join some online Lincoln sites. Here's one now....

MasterBlaster