transmission problem after engine oil change.

hi, I recently got my engine oil changed at NTB; and just after driving the car out of there my transmission started giving me problems.

does anybody know what can cause this?

I was in front of the mechanic when he was doing the oil change; and I saw a number of things that he did wrong during this time --

1) he checked the transmission stick dropped it and didn't clean it before inserting. 2) while he was bringing the car down from the hydraulic lift...he mistakenly ... brought only one end down before the other so that the car tilted at a precarious angle. 3) there is always the doubt

can some body tell me what they might have gone wrong ?

my transmission is sticking since after that... and the car hesitates before switching lower gears... I did check the transmission oil levels and engine oil levels they them seem to be fine.

thanks ramsey

Reply to
ramseysno

Shep

its a mitsubishi galant 96 with auto transmission; I guess its a hydraulic trannsmission with electronically controlled vaulves.

thanks for your attn.

Shep wrote:

Reply to
ramseysno

Something may have gotten damaged or disconnected during on lift event, get him or another shop to look underneath at that area.

Reply to
maxwedge