Transplanting a Peuguot 306 Turbo Diesel into an LDV Pilot Van.

Hi,

I appreciate this is a very specific question but I thought I'd try....

In the UK we have shedloads of quite new (under 5 years old) Royal Mail vans getting sold for very cheap prices, but they are heavily abused by all the UK posties and more problematic is that the LDV Pilot is supplied with an extremely underpowered, normally aspirated Peuguot 1.9 diesel (71 Horsepower and a shocking 88 lb-ft of torque).

I have seen website quoting it as an XUD or an XUD9 engine.

I am hoping someone could confirm if its easily possible to transplant (and I know almost anything is possible with enough =A3=A3=A3=A3's) to put a Peuguot 306 1.9TD straight in ?

I;ve seen website where people reckon its possible but no-one has confirmed that the gearbox mating for this Peuguot XUD engine will mate with a 306 Engine. Maybe the fuel pumps need to be altered, maybe the turbo needs extra housing, who knows.

If anyone could confirm if a 1.9 TD from a 306 would easily pop into a LDV Pilot engine bay that would be fantastic!

Roger.

Reply to
rogerdodgersims

Don't you guys have weird laws over there that allow your insurance agent to drop you if you've modified the engine in any way?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Insurance will be affected when you declare it (as you'd be right in thinking that all modifications need to be declared) but this is a slow as anything diesel van. Its about =A3200 to insure, which is about as cheap as it could get, with a stronger engine it would be about 250 I guess.

Fair point but there are plenty of insurers who quote for modified vehicles.

Roger.

Reply to
rogerdodgersims

no