Trouble starting car

Ok, so here's my situation. I own a 1993 Acura Integra (standard) recently i've been getting problems starting my car. I push the clutch in, turn the key, and nothing ! no sound, no vrrrooom. nothing... but the lights on the dash would dime a bit when i do turn the key. I dont know what it could be, and its not like it happens all the time. Usually if its been sitting over night or for a couple of hours it wont go. Usually after much persistence it'll just start up, or if worst comes to worst i would have to bump start my car. It is January now and it's a bit cold outside (10 degrees C) Any help would be appreciated. I hope what i gave is enough to find out what it could be, feel free to ask anything more.

THANK YOU Fab

Reply to
cowboy_645

cowboy snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1168823886.389092.101500 @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Check battery state-of-charge, and check cleanliness and integrity of all cables (including the engine ground from the valve cover to the rad support).

If all above is good, starter is bad. It's not so hard to replace, being on top of the transmission, under the throttle body.

Reply to
Tegger

The two conditions that come to mind are a low battery or bad battery cable connections. A low battery could be either the battery itself, or a fault in the charging system. I am not familiar with the Acura instrumentation. Does it have a voltmeter or an ammeter for monitoring the charge?

Because it seems to be okay right after running, but not after it sits awhile, I am guessing the battery itself may be going bad.

Another possibility is an unusual current drain- something on or using current that shouldn't be. This is hard to trace and must be looked at by a good electrical shop.

Trouble with such a problem is that a number of causes can give the same symptoms.

Reply to
stauffer