Truck tire chains.

I am trying to find tire chains for my 04 F150 FX4. I have Googled and been to a couple local auto parts stores and Sears. I even Called the dealer parts desk. All to no avail. It seems that 275 65 R18 chains don't exist... Unless there is a source I am missing???

Complicating matters is that I am in So California, not so much snow here. Just enough...

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dave W

Security Chain makes them, and has a store locator.

Click on the left link after you get tired of the sound effects.

Then select the Application Guide, which allows you to enter your tire size, and does have an entry for 275-65/18.

May need to mail order them...

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

"L0nD0t.$t0we11" wrote in news:EK0Nb.47949$8H.101038@attbi_s03:

Cool Deal, thanks! A NAPA on the way to Big Bear has them in stock...

Reply to
Dave W

Lived for years in the yukon (alaska) with a minivan, never needed chains, but somehow you need them in S cali?

Reply to
lyle

On a 4x4, do you actually need chains to drive in pretty much any snow condition? No.

In California can CalTrans [1] declare that you must carry chains in your vehicle, even in a 4x4 with hardcore snow tires before they will allow you to proceed over the high Sierra passes, e.g. Donner? Yes.

When chain controls are in effect, you may have to have chains in your vehicle to get past the checkpoints in a 4x4, you just rarely have to actually install them.

Usually when Donner gets bad enough that the highway patrol insists that 4x4's actually install chains, it tends to be so bad that it may be a good idea to remember how the pass got its name. In those type of conditions, the highway patrol will use pilot cars to keep folks under 25-30 mph thru the nastier sections.

[1] California Highway Department. Mission appears to mainly be keeping folks from getting anywhere.
Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11