Trucks vs SUVs in the US of A

I could totally understand why would anyone want an SUV (at least where I live curb climbing sport is routine due to the parking lot building ineptitude of the city authorities, freaking urop).

But as far as trucks being widespread in the US of A: I hardly ever saw anyone hauling anything in them. So, what the point? It is that great of the babe magnet for people to sacrifice the cornering ability for gawd knows what

on top of the poor cornering winter tire selection seems limited and the tires in truck sizes seems ungawdly expensive

please enlighten me, as the trucks don't seem a whole lot cheaper than SUVs too

Reply to
AD

I think back in the day it was the "bigger is better attitude", but now with fuel prices that isn't the case anymore.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I call these "City Vanity Trucks". You will never see a bale of hay or a 2 x 4 in the back of these trucks!

I once helped one of these "city truck guys" load some boxes into his truck. He insisted on gently placing each box into the bed so as not to scratch the paint or cause any dents!

I thought that was quite funny as I and other people I know, who actually use their trucks, regularly just throw stuff in. Our trucks are to be used and have all sorts of scratches and dents in the bed area.

I guess these city guys feel more "manly" driving around in these trucks or something?

So far as myself, I just use my truck for work. If I don't NEED the truck, I prefer to drive around in my car. Better gas mileage, better cornering, and more comfortable to drive!

My truck is very long (long bed extended cab), so not easy to park anywhere! And it is a "freight train in motion"! Not easy to suddenly stop in city driving when someone pulls out in front of you, so I would rather not drive it in city traffic.

Go to a rural area or a construction site and you will see plenty of trucks being used.

Reply to
Bill

I saw 1/3 less price in trucks. What were you looking at ?

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Ok, the bed liner and rear seats amount to something :-)

at the 4 seaters (extended cab), naturally

Reply to
AD

Yep. Regular cabs are cheaper. I have needs to haul stuff, but not all the time. A full size bed is also nice.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Does your nose get as disjointed when you see people driving around in BMW 5 and 7 series cars that cost more than those trucks and get not much better mileage?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

My nose gets as disjointed when I see people driving around in high performance BMW 5 and 7 series cars and they are doing 10 under the limit in the lefthand lane.

You buy a fast car for driving fast, you buy a truck for hauling things. If you aren't going to drive fast or haul things, buy something else.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Why is it any business of yours how they spend their money and what they buy? The world doesn't revolve around YOUR lifestyle.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher