US government destroying cars...

May make the car buff sick...

bob

Reply to
bob

Well they shouldn't be falsifying the VIN. But the USA laws seem unreasonably restrictive. Over here, a dealer can import small quantities of used Skyline GT-Rs from Japan, where the vehicle inspection regulatations make hanging on to old cars a big hassle. On the other hand, these limited import rules also made it possible to bring in Chinese copies of the London Taxi, which is a death-trap.

Reply to
bruce56

If they would give me a spanking brand new 2015 Ford van for free, they can crunch my old 1978 Dodge van all they want to. My Blue Heeler couch buddy Australian Cattle Dog said, ///If they had a feather up their arses we wo uld both be happy WOO WOO WOOF!///

Reply to
JR

crunch my old 1978 Dodge van all they want to. My Blue Heeler couch buddy

Australian Cattle Dog said, ///If they had a feather up their arses we would both be happy WOO WOO WOOF!///

Got to love the US governments wisdom. Remember the cash for clunkers program? if you traded a car in under it, the dealer was required to pour gunk down the engine to destroy it. Made it harder to reclaim parts off of the car before they were crushed

Reply to
bob

We used to have things called "economists", the definition of which was "fi guring out how folks can live". If we still had them today they'd point out that a car is possibly the most fundamental tool for folks to get a job an d stuff. I simply do not see any cars for poor folks any more. It's as if t here was a plan to increase joblessness. In my elder brothers day, in my pa rents day, young folks messing with cars, keeping them on the road was cons idered a fine thing.

Reply to
synthius2002

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 4:52:04 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wr ote:

figuring out how folks can live". If we still had them today they'd point o ut that a car is possibly the most fundamental tool for folks to get a job and stuff. I simply do not see any cars for poor folks any more. It's as if there was a plan to increase joblessness. In my elder brothers day, in my parents day, young folks messing with cars, keeping them on the road was co nsidered a fine thing.

All cars and Intel processors since 2005..... jimstonefreelance.com

Reply to
JR