Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

I tried to use a 3 amp output capacity buck convertor ( with auto voltage i.e. self adjusts PWM timing ratios if input voltage fluctuates e.g. when starter motor cranks engine & battery voltage drops to 9v ) & 2 700mAh lithium batteries ( to feed 4v to * when b-c could not, during engine cranking ) to replace my honda F20a 's *' resistors. I fitted 2 1" inductor rings & 15000F to damp b-c's +ve 12-14v input. This engine could start & run, but [i] the usual open loop ( when ECU activates * til O2 sensor produces a voltage of 0.65v ) did not appear [ii] when I step on throttle to accelerate car, ECU could not activate injectors long enough to inject enough fuel ( this inadequacy was visible on my digital voltmeter which receives & reports O2 sensor's output ), so acceleration was less than usual. This ECU ( made by NEC in 1990 ) [i] activates * by connecting *'

-ve ground, [ii] seems cannot function as usual if I draw +ve 12-14 v from cigarette lighter socket, I'll try to draw +ve 12-14v from ECU & see if ECU can work as usual.

Reply to
TE Chea

If some1 replied during 17th -31st Oct'08, pls repost ; my ISP 's news server was down & now shows no post in this period.

Reply to
TE Chea

"TE Chea" wrote in news:49211926 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my:

go check google to see what you missed. KB

Reply to
Kevin

| go check google to see what you missed. KB

I'm amazed to see many of my posts to newsgroups listed by Google, but cannot find any reply to this thread. Does Google run a newsgroup service like some ISP`s do ?

Reply to
TE Chea

no. their newsgroup service is unique!

most users who post through it use it to send spam, so many people have it filtered. however it's free, easily accessable, and searchable.

BTW: looks like you got no replies.

what are you hoping to gain by this substitution?

Reply to
Jasen Betts

| no. their newsgroup service is unique!

| most users who post through it use it to send spam, so many people | have it filtered. however it's free, easily accessable, and | searchable. | BTW: looks like you got no replies. Thanks for reply.

| what are you hoping to gain by this substitution? I want to see any reply to this thread ( I thought this wish was obvious ).

Reply to
TE Chea

15000?F to

Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics, National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips for automotive use? Their applications notes have a great deal of practical information about driving solenoid valves.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Correction : 3 amp, 42w maximum..

| Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics, | National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips for | automotive use? No

| Their applications notes have a great deal of | practical information about driving solenoid valves I'll try to draw 12v from ECU 1st ; my present ISP has server congestion outside 1-7am.

Reply to
TE Chea