Used Bars Head Gasket repair

I have a '94 Chevy S10 which began to emit lots of white smoke from the exhaust, enought to cover the car behind me if I was at a stop light.

I recently posted about this before, and have since put the truck back together after trying to change the head gaskets, which I didn't get to do.

However, instead, and probably what I should have done from the beginning, I used Bars Head gasket repair liquid. Afterwards, I used a bottle of antifreeze we had sitting around, yet when I poured it, it seemed to be just water coming out.

Interestingly, it now only smokes midly at idle and not at all when driving down the road. Do you guys think the head gasket formula actually worked? I always thought that stuff was snake oil, but at this point I was willing to try anything. Or does it have something to do with having mostly water and not actual antifreeze in the truck.

regards

Reply to
Nadeem

If it's working, it's only temporary. I would still pull the head when you get a chance and fix it right. Also you may find that you've caused a secondary problem like reduced heat transfer capacity of the radiator and/or a clogged heater core.

nate

Reply to
N8N

It's a temporary fix that might get you a few more miles before the thing totally fails. Which is a whole lot better than nothing if it gives you time to get ready to replace the gasket.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey