Vacuum hoses.

1983 Dodge van, 318 engine, automatic transmission, Carter Thermo Quad model 9342S carburetor.Are there any photos/pictures online that show which vacuum hoses connect to the vacuum line outlets on the carburetor? Also, the three coil springs on the outside of the carburetor? cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

When you open the hood and look underneath. Isn't there a vacuum diagram sticker?

-jim

Reply to
jim

Come to think of it, I think there is a vacuum lines diagram under the hood.I reckon I will have a look see. A week ago, I bought a new Haynes Repair Manual (at the Autozone store) which covers Dodge & Plymouth vans, 1971 through 2003.Yesterday, the O'Reilly's store said they can get a Chilton manual (about $25.00) for me, it is suppose to be there today.I will have to wait untill tomorrow when I can bum a ride to O'Reilly's.

What is the big mystery about vacuum lines and where they connect to carburetors? It looks like a snake pit in there with all of those vacuum lines.Someday I am going to get rid of all of that emissions crap on my Dodge van, the catalytic converter too.

I used to own a 1982 Ford van, four barrel carburetor, manual/stick shift on the floor.I got rid of all of that emissions control crap on that Ford van, the Ford van ran just fine. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I prefer Autozone's online manuals. Start here:

Under Current Vehicle, use the drop-down to ----- Add a vehicle ----- Once your vehicle selection is "Complete", clicking "Repair Guides" will bring you to a Membership page. If you don't join, they won't let you see the manuals, but what the heck, it's FREE. You don't even have to use your real name (I don't). Once you're a member, you can see things like this vacuum diagram for a 1983 Dodge B250 3/4 ton van 5.2L 4BL 8cyl. Listed as "Early 318 with 4-bbl. carburetor-California and Canada"...

MasterBlaster