valve stem caps for GM TPMS?

OK, so this is a dumb minor thing, but I've got an '08 Impala which came from the factory with a true TPMS, with sensors built into the wheels (apparently integrated with the valve stems.) The caps are teh same thread as a normal Schraeder valve, but they are longer, so you can put a regular Schraeder valve cap on but it'll look silly. Apparently when the tires were replaced the garage lost the original caps and put standard ones on. It's a little thing but it bothers me.

Now here's the funny thing... an online search turns up nothing. Does anyone sell these for cheap, or do I have to go to the Chevy dealer and presumably pay big $$$ to restore my valve stems to their original appearance?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I've had that happen myself. A good tire shop is hard to find. Most of them just outright stink.

I'd go to a local wrecking yard and see if you can't score some from a car that was wrecked. At a -good- wrecking yard you'd be surprised at what you can find.

Good luck with it.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Are they the silver or black ones? I recently bought a bag of silver ones (25) from NAPA. Alot of vehicles come in missing these...

Reply to
es8m

They're black...

nate