Vauxhall Cavalier overheating

I have a (UK) 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 16v, which is overheating in traffic. It looks like there are two fans, one large and one small.

From what I can tell, the smaller one works (I found the sensor) but I can't find the sensor for the larger main fan.

Can anyone give me any pointers? My suspicion is that the main fan sensor has packed up, but any other ideas would be welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Dawkins

Reply to
David Dawkins