vectra lacking power

my vectra 2.0 DTI (2001 CD Spec) lacks power as if the turbo isnt working. The engine warning light comes on for a while, goes off then comes on again while driving. The air max meter has been changed and the fuel system has all been serviced and apparently OK. Can anyone help ?

Reply to
roger j via CarKB.com

First thing I would do is get the codes checked at an Autozone or Advance Auto -- they usually do it for you for free. Even if the code isn't actively showing when you get the car there, the cars computer should store it in memory (at least that's how it always works with my cars). Is it a high mileage ride? Does it lack power at high RPMs only or throughout the powerband?

If your air/fuel filters are all good, getting that code might be your best bet to avoid lots of wasted time.

Reply to
Seth H

I believe the OP's car is a Vauxhall. He's not in the US, but likely the UK.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

thanks for repliies I'm enquiring for a friend here in the Uk . When I see him on Sunday I'll ask for more details. He's already spent £700 on Garage bills and is getting a bit desperate.Once again thanks - I'll post more info when I can but the computer check is definitely good idea

Reply to
roger j via CarKB.com