vent control cable replacement? (Cavalier)

We have an '04 Cav. The vent control cable is kinked. Googling, I find (a) this happens a lot, (b) standard labor is 0.9 hrs (ie, not a big deal), but (c) no specific instructions on how to do it.

The cable jacket has a tab on each end, with a hole through the tab. At the vent door end, there is a screw through the tab. OK, that. At the control end (on the dash panel), I don't see how the tab is attached. I do not see a screw. I don't even see a joint - I don't believe this could be, but it kind of looks like it's molded into the plastic of the control assembly.

So, the question is, does anyone know how to disconnect the cable at the control end?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

At the lower end, the tab slides up into a sleeve. The latch is released by an arm at the upper end of the sleeve: push that back, and pull down on the cable.

George

Reply to
George